Saturday, June 4, 2011

Traveling through Day 4

You might notice there isn't a Day 3 post. That is because the prompt for Day 3 asked us to think about it for 48 hours, so you'll see two posts tomorrow.

Here is the prompt for today:

If we live truly, we shall see truly. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not everyone wants to travel the world, but most people can identify at least one place in the world they’d like to visit before they die. Where is that place for you, and what will you do to make sure you get there?

(Author: Chris Guillebeau)


As a science teacher and graduate with a Biology degree, the voyage of Charles Darwin on the HMS Beagle are fascinating to me. I have always wanted to visit the Galapagos Islands and see the remarkable creatures that Darwin saw. The islands are so unique in the variety of species who exist only in the Galapagos. I believe that is the one place I would really like to visit before I die.

What will I do to make sure I get there? As with most things I do in my life with regards to travel, I don't make a lot of well-thought plans. I have faith that an opportunity will present itself and I will make sure to take advantage of that opportunity.

Sound like a lack of a plan? It is. Isn't life better when we don't plan every detail?

No comments: