Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Describing Today

Today's prompt in the #trust30 challenge is this:

If ‘the voyage of the best ship is a zigzag line of a hundred tacks,’ then it is more genuine to be present today than to recount yesterdays. How would you describe today using only one sentence? Tell today’s sentence to one other person. Repeat each day.

(Author: Liz Danzico)


My first thought was to say something about today being the first day of my journey, and I even took a picture of my coffee cup to illustrate my belief in this philosophy (and have gone ahead and attached it here).

After thinking that seemed too cliche for this challenge, I came up with the sentence that I think really describes today, whether you are in this challenge or not:

"Today is a blessing because I had only 15 minutes to live yesterday."


I think that encompasses both my belief in the journey and my firm knowledge that every single moment is borrowed.

No comments: